Monday, October 3, 2011

L's NHL Awards 2012 Predictions

So, as much as I hate guesswork, here are my predictions for the NHL Awards after this season.  I much prefer to debate about the most likely candidates after I've seen them play, but N and I thought we'd make a fun competition out of it that will likely amount to nothing.  It mainly just gives us something to do before hockey comes back on.  Here are my picks:

Norris (Outstanding Defenseman): Duncan Keith, Blackhawks 

Art Ross (Regular-Season Scoring Leader)
Steven Stamkos, Lightning

Mark Messier Leadership Award: Joe Thornton,
 Sharks 
  
Selke (Outstanding Defensive Forward): Ryan Kesler, Canucks  

Jack Adams (Coach of the Year): Dan Bylsma, Penguins  
  
Calder (Top Rookie)
Gabriel Landeskog, Avalanche

Jennings (Fewest Goals Allowed): Cam Ward, Hurricanes
 
General Manager: Ray Shero, Penguins
  
Rocket Richard (Most Regular-Season Goals)
: Matt Duchene, Avalanche

Ted Lindsay (MVP as Voted by Players): Evgeni Malkin, Penguins
 
Masterton (Perseverance and Dedication to Hockey): Sidney Crosby, Penguins
 
King Clancy (Leadership and Humanitarian Contributions): Sidney Crosby, Penguins
 
Lady Byng (Skillful and Gentlemanly Play): Pavel Datsyuk, Red Wings
 
Vezina (Top Goaltender): Carey Price, Canadiens
 
Hart (MVP): Steven Stamkos, Lightning 


So... who can tell I like the Penguins? I can't stand Stamkos, but I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for him.  Same with Matt Duchene, who can hopefully bring the Avs into the playoffs.  I mostly picked Duchene for the Rocket Richard because he's a really nice guy and I wish him the best in the world for this season. 

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment