Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Hatred of Boarding

Couple of games of interest going on tonight.
Hurricanes at the Bruins
Penguins at the Wild


I normally support the Wild, but East trumps West (and of course I LOVE the Penguins).  I'm a little miffed over the Penguins loss last night to the Jets. Also, I'm extremely unhappy that Kris Letang had a NHL Disciplinary hearing today over a boarding call from last night (he ended up getting a 2 game suspension).  So for today's term, I'm covering Boarding.


Boarding 



Boarding is when an opponent is pushed violently while the player is facing the boards. The opponent is in a vulnerable position (normally a few feet away from the boards and either off balance or unknowing of the hitter's position). As of late, boarding is often associated with Rule 48 (head shots) because of the relation of the head and the boards.


Since I think the Letang boarding suspension is crap (it was not intentionally done to hurt Burmistrov and wasn't as forceful as it could of been), I'm including a video of another Penguin wrongdoing. 
Let's face it, Shanahan really just wanted Matt Cooke to be the first player suspended regular season, so it might as well be someone out on the ice the same time.




Cookie was suspended 4 games for this and rightfully so. So far this season, he has learned the error of his ways. Here's to hoping he keeps up the good work.


Also, I completely forgive Letang because he made that awesome save behind Fleury last night. He has dedication and I love it!


Now I'm off to do some cardio before I settle in for a night of hockey and homework.
Until Next Time,
L





No comments:

Post a Comment