Saturday, October 22, 2011

Double Lingo Day

Sorry I've been slacking with updating the blog the last few days.  It's my Fall Break and birthday weekend so I've been taking a break from everything (well, I have been catching hockey games, but I'm no as up on news as I would normally be- who the F@*% let the Wings & Caps win so much?).  So tonight to make up, I'm doing 2 quick hockey vocab words.


Pracy
Practice... you know the thing the do to get ready for games.  Yes, practice was too long so it needed to be shortened to pracy. Better for tweeting, I guess.


Mitts
Gloves.  Really doesn't need that much of an explanation.  




Wayne Gretzky signed gloves (just in case there was any ambiguity) 


History Moment! You can't bring up mitts without including Sidney Crosby in the discussion. Remember Feb 2010? Sid scored the game-winning goal in the finals of the Olympics (gah it was pretty, including at the bottom just to reminisce).  After the game, his 'mitts' and sticks went missing. Everyone thought they had been stolen (like his sweater was in 2005 after World Juniors in ND), but turns out they were accidentally picked up to be sent to Russia.  Oops.  




Okay back to watching hockey,
Let's Go Canes, Let's Go Penguins


Until Next Time,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment