Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's a Great Day for Hockey!

There is so much I want to share today! 

I don't know about L, but today is the first day that truly made me think hockey season has begun! It's finally October!

1.  Oh Sidney Crosby, how we love and miss you!

 So to begin, the most important news & best news of the day came from the Penguins; something we've been waiting for for 9 months and 8 days: Sidney Crosby is finally wearing a black helmet.
It's okay if you don't understand that last comment- I'll explain! Today Pens fans got the news they have been waiting and dreaming of for for months (I know I have!); Crosby has FINALLY been cleared for full contact. The only thing better would be him playing in a game, but lets not rush things. We all want him coming back strong and better than ever, if that's even possible!  
Check out that sexy black helmet!
L's note: This is super exciting news because this means another stage of Sidney Crosby updates for Jeremy Roenick to deal with.  But really, just happy Sid is finally on his way to taking his crown back as the king of the NHL.

2. Check, check, check it out!

For all those who are interested in all things Penguins you should really check out the Pens Report by Sam Kasan. Kasan writes for the Pens main website and reports everything as the practices are going down. Today he posted everything from Sid's black helmet and Kunitz contract extension. Plus, he does it with humor so it is an overall game day MUST read for L and I.


3. N's Word of the Day!



L picked a good word to start Girls Guide off, but today for Pens game day I get to pick my own. I believe I picked the most appropriate word for the site.
 
Puck Bunny
 


A Puck Bunny is an upstanding young lady who enjoys the game of hockey and appreciates those who play in in the manner that it was intended to be played. (I love this definition!)

Now many wouldn't agree with this definition; many would say a puck bunny is a girl that is only after the players for their looks, money and so on. But really, whats wrong with that?!?




Hope everyone is enjoying the season so far, it has only just begun! 

Peace, Love & Puck Bunnies...
N


No comments:

Post a Comment