Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thoughts on Pens-Canes Games

It's been 17 days since our last post.
It's been 13 days since Sidney Crosby returned.
Coincidence?
Not really.


We've been really busy lately. End of the semester (lots of papers & exams). Lots of home games at the RBC Center for L. Lots of Crosby TV stalking for N.  It's just been hard to write.


First off, we're happy Sid's back. We've missed his shining face. So much, that N made an awesome sign for him at the Penguins @ Canes game last night.  Sid saw it & we're quite pleased. Yay Crosby!!!



Last night was a trying night for me.  N is 95% a Penguins fan, 5% Skinner fan.  I'm more 50% Canes & 50% Penguins. And it kills me to see the Canes in a losing streak. I was really hoping for a tie last night just so they could each get a point.


Quick Thoughts

  • I love the idea of Muller as coach. I really think he can turn the team around. Haven't seen it yet, but you can't expect this to be similar to Bylsma in 2009. It's going to take time, but it's just frustrating to watch in the mean time. Not as sure about Maclean just because of his Devils performance last season, but maybe he can improve special teams. 
  • I'm glad Staaler is getting more points. If he was any other player, his performance would be acceptable (with the exception of his +/-).  I know Eric has had a performance drop since his  7-yr contract sign back in 2008, but I'm willing to look past it.  I think his performance will get a boost soon.  All players go through slumps, some are just more noticeable than others.
  • I'm sad I watched Skinner miss so much last night. He was playing good, but he couldn't finish (don't take that dirty, but it is Skinner so it's a little hard). I also watched him whack & get in a tussle with Crosby.  Not a fan of that. At least the Pens stayed off him, which is actually smart because they don't get penalties that way. 
  • Proud of Boucher last night.  He did a great job & hopefully we can rely on him a bit more this season when Wardo needs a mental break.   
  • I wish the Canes LOTS and LOTS of luck on their Canadian road trip this week.  I'm going to be cheering from the comfort of my own couch with my textbooks.

Until Next Time,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment