Saturday, November 12, 2011

I Have a Feeling This Will Happen a lot Tonight...

Today is 1 of 4 days a year where hockey makes me a nervous wreck.  I love the Hurricanes and the Penguins (oriented alphabetically, not by preference to be clear), but when they play each other, it's always a mess.  Do you know how hard it is to cheer for Malkin, J Staal, Crosby (when he's playing), and Neal when they're trying to score on Cam Ward? I normally cheer for a tied game, so they at least each get a point.  I think I'll cheer for that tonight, or at least to the idea that Carolina won't lose 5 straight games. So Let's Go Canes & Let's Go Penguins.  And here's to hoping for no fights; last year Kunitz and Skinner got into it and I was REALLY a mess. Sadly, I do think there will be fights tonight.  Carolina is going to need something to get the boys going.


The word of the day is 'Scrum', which happens a lot every game, but I think will happen even more tonight with possible roughing consequences.  


Scrum

An incident in front of the net involving pushing and shoving by both teams.

I think a lot of us remember this a few weeks ago:


Is it just me, or is that a different Hurricanes team than the one we've seen lately?

And finally, best wishes to all of our boys out there tonight.
Good luck to Neal, who is 1 goal away from leading the NHL in goals.
Good luck to E Staal and getting his head back into the game.
Good luck to Johnny in net, even though he probably doesn't need it.
Good luck to the Canes in the 3rd in hopes they just don't fall apart.
Good luck to Skinner, hopefully he can get one of those elusive points this game.
Good luck to the Penguins, in hopes they avoid all possible injuries this game.
And finally, good luck to Sidney Crosby, who is always in our thoughts even when he's not on the ice.

Until Next Time,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment